Indian Lake and surrounding towns:
The closest village is Indian Lake (junctions of RT 30 & 28). You will pass through the village on your way in. It is a 8 mile (~20 minute) drive from the cabins. In town you will find:
- Indian Lake Market - small grocery store
- McWhorter Orchards - fresh produce stand on Pelon Road, open Tuesday and Friday 12:00 to 4:00
- Pines - Hardware store
- Stewarts - gas and convenience store
- Adirondack One Stop - gas and convenience store
- Marty's chili Nights (518.648.5832) Mexican cuisine
- Ice Cream Patch
- St. Marys RC Church
- Indian Lake Health Center (518.648.5707)
- US Post Office
- Public Library (518.648.5444) they have summer hours and computers with public access to the internet.
- Laundromat - located on the west end of town
- Cedar River Golf Course (518.648.4906) - 9 holes,par 36
- Wakely Lodge & Golf Course (518.648.5011) - 9 holes, par 34
The town's namesake, Indian Lake, is about 3 miles south on RT 30. Along the highway you will find:
- The Lake Store - the general store in Sabael (518.648.5992)
- Clarks Indian Lake Marina (518.648.5459) - boat rentals. Off RT 30 on Lakeshore Drive.
- Adirondack Mountain Grill (518.648.0707) Italian-American cuisine, full service bar, dine-in or take-out.
North Creek is 28 miles (~40 minutes) from the cabins. You will pass it on your way up RT 28. In North Creek you will find:
- A bigger grocery store, post office, etc.
- North Creek Health Center (518.251.2541)
- Gore Mountain Ski Center (518.251.2411) - gondola sky rides, mountain biking, skiing and tubing depending on the season
- Barton Mines- garnet mines and tours. World's largest garnet mine in operation.